General Discussion (Archived)

Testimonials

Read 7267 times
Protestant Inconsistency
« on: July 16, 2019, 09:13:09 PM »
I know this is probably not common on this site, but here it is.

Protestant theology is based mostly on two claims. Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide. They both are highly probable not to be true and Sola Fide is actually opposed in the bible.

Sola Scriptura: I will understand this to be that the bible is the only authority for truth. The problem is that this statement is no where to be found in the scriptures. Making the claim highly controversial. The one truth that is not found on the bible, is the truth that the bible is the only place one can have for authority. Where did you get the authority to make the unbiblical claim?

I know people will refer to Timothy but let's look at it: Tim :2 All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

The word authority never shows up. The word only is not there. it says: All scripture is useful for...

Sola Fide: I will not present much on this because the bible rejects the statement.

James 2, 24: See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

this is the only time the word Sola Fide appears in the bible. Verse 21 clearly says that abraham was justified when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar. This was labeled my James as faith active along works.

Hopeful to see what you guys think.

God Bless

kurros

• 12846 Posts
Re: Protestant Inconsistency
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 08:02:44 AM »
This is the community testimonies board, and you seem more interested in a theological discussion? I recommend you post it over on the "choose your own topic" board, you will be far more likely to get a discussion over there.