Retired Boards (Archived)

Presumption of Atheism

Read 6465 times

dalivad

• 1 Posts
What Atheism Truly Is
« on: June 29, 2018, 12:27:30 PM »
Atheism is not a belief/religion.  It is a relationship with truth and reality.

In other words, the absolute opposite of religion.

rmfr

Re: What Atheism Truly Is
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 01:50:21 PM »
I hate to remind you, but of late, a subset of the atheist ideology has established organizations which it proudly touts as religious. One which prominently is calls itself rather colorfully the "Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster."  Its mission:  Deride the Supernatural, especially any Creator. Methods of carrying out this activity closely resemble Religion.

The atheist is the antimatter of Spirituality. As Theists are positive, or accepting and promoting acceptance of the Supernatural, so also are Atheists negative, or rejecting and promoting rejection of It. If you place them together, their arguments--and eventually they themselves--will mutually cancel out.

When pressured to reveal their true motive for rejecting the Supernatural--particularly a Creator God--they confess it is not because Logic does not permit it, or that evidence does not support it, but rather because they know that if they accept God as a fact of life, the very idea that It can create and control an entire Universe also means It can create and control we humans. Yet, just as declared Lucifer (Satan), so do they:  "No one will have dominion over me!"

So, in reality, Atheists pretend there is no God so they can freely pursue their selfish desires--through Spiritism, Immorality, Science or Technology--even if that means that in the process they will destroy Humanity, the Earth, or the the very Universe.

Speaking of Science and Technology, Atheists want to use these otherwise useful tools to become Homo Deus, Man God.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:09:36 PM by Jeff.Reinharcz »

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 12:48:05 PM »

Atheism is a relationship with the senses and material plane that ignores all existential questions. Those content with it prove they have no deep feeling of a spiritual presence.

Descartes remarked, “I think, therefore I am,” but no one asks the question where he is now, or notices Descartes never asked the question of where he would be after his death.

Natus Regis

• 21 Posts
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 06:35:39 PM »

rmfr
I would advise you, if you are truly serious, to investigate what atheism is and what its implications are. If done well, you will find the answers illuminating.

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 10:33:19 AM »
I would advise you, if you are truly serious, to investigate what atheism is and what its implications are. If done well, you will find the answers illuminating.
Are you an atheist, or a theist? Your assertion makes no point beyond, “Study and learn.” Then too, “being serious” may not equate to awakening all the necessary mental powers. Perception and worldview are more urgent than seriousness. If you don’t see things the way they really are, then growing more serious digs a deeper pit, entered with grim face.

Wretch

• 2494 Posts
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 07:30:54 AM »
atheism (noun): a philosophical or religious position characterized by disbelief in the existence of any god(s)

Atheism is blind faith in the proposition that God does not exist, a blind faith in the scientific impossibility that nothing created everything.

That's not reality.  That's foolishness.

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 02:43:26 PM »
atheism (noun): a philosophical or religious position characterized by disbelief in the existence of any god(s)

Atheism is blind faith in the proposition that God does not exist, a blind faith in the scientific impossibility that nothing created everything.

That's not reality.  That's foolishness.
I see almost no difference between atheists and theists. The latter form opinions based on scripture, the former become their opponents, but no one has self-enquiry to learn the truth. If there is a soul, why don’t men see it? Many use the word “soul,” but inevitably they mean only “deep desire,” at this time. I’m unconvinced opinion is a substantial power in the soul. Maybe you could convince me that faith is more than opinion, or else a type of mass hypnosis where the blind lead the blind, while denying the light of the Lord.

Wretch

• 2494 Posts
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 10:17:29 PM »
You don't think theists form opinions based upon logic and reasoning as well as revelation from God?

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 09:49:53 AM »
You don't think theists form opinions based upon logic and reasoning as well as revelation from God?
Indeed, my point is that both atheists and theists are forming a false idea about the Deity, that amounts to an inflated self-image. Jesus’ statement that no man comes to the Father (Invisible God) has a lot more teeth in it, than anyone has suspected. The Lord is God. He can declare what God is like, and what God’s experience in a body is like. The created souls can only testify about their experience, having no experience of the Deity except through contact with the Lord. Certain theologians, such as Aquinas, speak with extra authority, drawn from experience instead of mere logic and reasoning. Such theologians are akin to the prophets, who were the source of the Bible and other world scriptures. The rest are chasing a nonexistent dream. The worship of the theists is an attempt to flatter God and to drawn down further pleasures from Heaven, as the scriptures seem to allow.