Retired Boards (Archived)

Trinity

Read 4813 times

Snoochies

• 4144 Posts
  • Seek, knock, ask
Romans 8:34
« on: February 12, 2018, 05:10:59 PM »
Just reading through the scripture and there are some versions where it says Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God and some say sitting at the right hand of the Father.

Does this change the Trinitarian argument? If Jesus is God and is sitting next to God, how does that make sense? I can understand the Trinitarian view of Jesus (son) sitting next to the Father.

I guess just like John 1:1, the word was with God and was God.

What do the manuscripts usually say, Jesus sits at the right hand of God or the Father?

Thanks
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear." Psalm 46:1-2

* Forum members please note:- Just because I ask you lots of questions, this does not mean I know something better. I am merely asking to seek clarification and arrive at truth the best I can

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
Re: Romans 8:34
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 12:59:51 PM »
The word “Father” with a capital “F” is taken to be equivalent to “God” by Christians, or more specifically to the Invisible God. It is indeed wrong to say that Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father, in fact I’m certain as Jesus gets more sophisticated in His presentation (and His audience is not benighted), He is going to stop saying “Father” and they will know they are with the best part of God, which is to say the embodied expression of God’s Personality. The idea of a “Father” keys into human weakness, as they fail to think well or at all about authorities. To them a father is a grumpy guy who nevertheless tends to stay in the background and does not look too closely, exactly where they want God to be. In truth God is neither male nor female, and “father” is a rather poor idea about Him.