Retired Boards (Archived)

Trinity

Read 5047 times

Robert Harris

• 787 Posts
Who or What do you think Jesus is?
« on: July 18, 2016, 10:45:16 AM »
I have been re-watching a lot of trinitarian debates recently. Despite any good arguments non-trinitarians may have I cannot accept that Jesus is a created being (when I say Jesus I mean eternal son/eternal Word, the man was obviously born/created at a certain moment). If You are a non-trinitarian who/what do you think Jesus is and how come?
Who needs cable when you can watch Dr. Craig all day long on YouTube?
-ebeatworld

Aaron Massey

• 5542 Posts
  • absit iniuria verbis
Re: Who or What do you think Jesus is?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 07:41:30 AM »
Jesus is the Son of God.  any other claim is an extraction when looking at the bible.    Jesus only ever claimed to be Gods Son.  And God only ever claimed Jesus was his son, who "he is most proud"

Jesus is Gods first Living creation IMO.   So while God created all the heavens and the Earth, the Material part of our world, (Gen 1.1: in the beginning..) he had not made any form of life.

When he saw the world was formless, he created Light aka Jesus. (see John you are the light of the world)   Then he created man. (all things are made through Jesus Corinthians)

In Proverbs he is beside Gods side doing his work.   In Job he is the mediator to come between man and God, In Malachai he is predicted, etc.. heaps of signposts.

I think the problem for most, is that for Jesus not to be God in the trintarian sense diminishes him. 
I disagree. 

To be sitting at the right side of God as the penultimate is as good as it gets.  Satan offered it to Jesus and he refused, for me this pumps up his tyres even greater.
Proverbs 8:30 "then I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always, rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the children of man."

Robert Harris

• 787 Posts
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 09:50:39 AM »
What verses lead you to the conclusion that Jesus was created? Are there any verses that you think might disagree with that conclusion?
Who needs cable when you can watch Dr. Craig all day long on YouTube?
-ebeatworld

Aaron Massey

• 5542 Posts
  • absit iniuria verbis
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 06:30:21 AM »
What verses lead you to the conclusion that Jesus was created? Are there any verses that you think might disagree with that conclusion?
Quite a few..
Isaiah 44
24Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer,
who formed you from the womb:
“I am the LORD, who made all things,
who alone stretched out the heavens,
who spread out the earth by myself,
Hebrews 1:3
The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Hebrews 1:10
He also says, "In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.
Hebrews 2
17Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.
Colossians 1:16
For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
1 Timothy 2:5 
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
 Luke 4:8 
And Jesus answered him, “It is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.’”
1 Corinthians 15:28 
When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

Theres always my signature below...

Just a few... i really like, well theres also my argument that Jesus is the light mentioned at creation in the beginning.

This ties in so much scripture perfectly, i find it hard to refuse.   so..  in the beginning God created heavens and earth... who was in the beginning with God?  Jesus.. not before.. in the beginning...  what was the first thing in the heavens and earth??  .. "the Light"  John continually mentions Jesus being the light of this world. etc..
I have all the scriptures to back it up... im going to post it all one day. 
Proverbs 8:30 "then I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always, rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the children of man."

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 01:13:08 PM »
Jesus is the Son of God.  any other claim is an extraction when looking at the bible.    Jesus only ever claimed to be Gods Son.  And God only ever claimed Jesus was his son, who "he is most proud"

Jesus is Gods first Living creation IMO.   So while God created all the heavens and the Earth, the Material part of our world, (Gen 1.1: in the beginning..) he had not made any form of life.

When he saw the world was formless, he created Light aka Jesus. (see John you are the light of the world)   Then he created man. (all things are made through Jesus Corinthians)

In Proverbs he is beside Gods side doing his work.   In Job he is the mediator to come between man and God, In Malachai he is predicted, etc.. heaps of signposts.

I think the problem for most, is that for Jesus not to be God in the trintarian sense diminishes him. 
I disagree. 

To be sitting at the right side of God as the penultimate is as good as it gets.  Satan offered it to Jesus and he refused, for me this pumps up his tyres even greater.
am: Jesus is the Son of God.  any other claim is an extraction when looking at the bible.   

jc: People should have guessed by now that the phrase “Son of God” is an analogy given to limited minds, and that God is the Creator, no human roles really applying. Furthermore people should have guessed that God is beyond the sexes, that the created souls are either male or female, but these do not apply to the Maker. In fact “Son of God” has been popular in a patriarchal society; but it is also not right to say God is feminine.

In fact “Father” is a poor descriptor of the Invisible God, if you mean to apply the traits of a human father. A human father is good only to his family. God intends good for all. If the human fathers could manifest love for all, perhaps then calling God “Father” is better.

am: Jesus only ever claimed to be Gods Son.

jc: John 10:30. “I and the Father are one.” John 14:9. “Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?”

am: And God only ever claimed Jesus was his son, who "he is most proud"

jc: No one can hear the voice of God, unless the Lord speaks. You’re drawing this from the “dove” scene, but it isn’t clear who heard the message or how it was interpreted, “This is my ect. Son, in whom I am well-pleased.” If God speaks, perhaps only Jesus hears.

am: Jesus is Gods first Living creation IMO.

jc: No, Jesus is of one being with the Father. The Invisible God has what I call an “embodyable portion,” an extension from His own consciousness fit to carry a physical body. When Jesus dies this portion is maintained intact. It could be called a “spiritual organ,” perhaps like an appendix in relation to the Father, not essential to His function but vital to His personal expression as well as the Creator’s taste of life on His planet.

am: So while God created all the heavens and the Earth, the Material part of our world, (Gen 1.1: in the beginning..) he had not made any form of life.

jc: An awful lot has been built on a few airy lines of poetry, but the fact the modern Christians don’t have a better paradigm is from the decision to make prophets illegal.

am: When he saw the world was formless, he created Light aka Jesus.

jc: This could be a nice way of emphasizing the Lord is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, for instance the first one the Invisible God sees. Guidance through the Incarnation has been difficult although He speaks from God’s own Mind. The people are recalcitrant, nor do God’s ways apply immediately to worlds that are under development.

am: (see John you are the light of the world) 

jc: This was spoken by Jesus to the cognoscenti. It’d be wrong to say a human is a light.

am: Then he created man. (all things are made through Jesus Corinthians)

jc: No. Strictly speaking the Lord doesn’t do much. Only a tiny portion of the Father’s awareness and knowledge can fit in that small space, so what is in there is of high quality.

It is imperative to understand the humans are not patterned after Jesus. They do not have divine properties, in fact quite the opposite, one might even say “devilish” properties as their activities threaten a globe today. The Lord stands apart. Not even angels are trying to imitate Him. It’d be impossible. There’s no real bridge from a creature to the Creator.

am: In Proverbs he is beside Gods side doing his work.

jc: This is so. In fact the Lord can be called the Original Worker. The scope of the Lord’s work is small, but it is a microcosm of the far larger Invisible God. The Lord can explain this. There is nothing the Lord does or says, that He cannot justify as coming from God.

am: In Job he is the mediator to come between man and God,

jc: No, not really. Men are more wicked than they know, or would like to hear about. Christianity contains the bad news that men will kill their Creator without asking questions or taking the situation seriously one moment. So compassion from the Lord is fruitless and pointless, unless men be held at a distance, as one shows compassion to cobras. The Lord has no defense to offer for men regarding Judgment, only, “Have at it.”

am: In Malachai he is predicted, etc.. heaps of signposts.

jc: Predicting a messiah has been a fruitful lynchpin of many religions, but finding the messiah never, never. It raises an unreal expectation, as really each man imagines himself to be justified by God against his neighbor whom he hates. Just wait, for that “great leader.”

am: I think the problem for most, is that for Jesus not to be God in the trintarian sense diminishes him. I disagree.

jc: The height Jesus can reach in creaturely minds, is limited by those minds. If Jesus be magnified in a small mind, what is that to Jesus? If a great mind magnifies Jesus, Jesus would have to point out he still is not coming close to understanding what God is. God recedes from the creatures forever, as they slowly learn the Creator is not like themselves.

am: To be sitting at the right side of God as the penultimate is as good as it gets.

jc: You haven’t understood the doctrine of the Trinity, for Jesus is, verily, God, of one being with the Father. You’re thinking of a messiah, a man raised to something like a king. Oddly, for Jesus to be mocked as “king of the Jews” was a kind of badge of honor. The religions sit like a crown of thorns on the Lord’s head, never taking Him back again.

am: Satan offered it to Jesus and he refused, for me this pumps up his tyres even greater.

jc: Jesus unwinds the temptation to rule over all men, by noticing the poor quality of the men. My favorite is the “Krishna the cowherd boy” analogy. One can move the cows around, but one cannot talk with them, nor do they appreciate that they are with the Lord.