Steve B

• 9591 Posts
  • all nations people of every language worshiped him
Is Donald Trump a political opportunist?  A flim flam man?  A con artist?  A flip flopper? Or is he really a Patriot? You decide:

Donald Trump in 1988

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI

Donald Trump in 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rksd80-FCAw&feature=youtu.be&t=16
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:25:42 AM by Steve B »

Trinity

• 28422 Posts
Re: Absolute Proof That Donald Trump is a Con Artist who Flip Flops
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 05:34:04 AM »
Donald Trump is going to become POTUS beyond the shadow of doubt.
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. - Psalm 19:1

searcherman

• 3112 Posts
  • Man makes religion, religion does not make man
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 05:35:38 AM »
The reporter for Breitbart who got her arm bruised by Trump's thug, tried to ask a question to Trump about his pro-affirmative action comment he made critisizing Scalia back when. Unlike Fox News, Breitbart didn't back up their reporter, and their communications director resigned as a result.
Religion is the general theory of this world, its encyclopaedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d’honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification.- K. Marx, Critique of Hegel’s Philosophy of Right

Steve B

• 9591 Posts
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 05:49:08 AM »
My question to the viewers is whether or not Mr. Trump is a political opportunist.

After reviewing his ides over the course of decades this should be easy for us to answer.

Aaron Massey

• 5542 Posts
  • absit iniuria verbis
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 06:08:22 AM »
I feel like he is only interested in what works for him and his buisness.

That second video, what was the tax issue he was talking about? 

And why was he advocating that there should be incentive to build in NYC??  Did he mean a Tax incentive for developers to build on Speculation?    That wouldn't benefit him by any chance? 
Proverbs 8:30 "then I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always, rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the children of man."

Soren

• 5810 Posts
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 06:09:09 AM »
Is Donald Trump a political opportunist?  A flim flam man?  A con artist?  A flip flopper? Or is he really a Patriot? You decide:

Donald Trump in 1988

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI

Donald Trump in 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rksd80-FCAw&feature=youtu.be&t=16
I clicked on the second link and listened to the beginning -- realized it was Trump whining to Congress about how the 1986 tax reform and simplification had removed real estate tax shelters. I will try to find time to listen to the rest, but so far not impressed that the supposed man of the people was trying to get Congress to change the law to line his own pockets. And this is a link provided by a defender of Trump!

Soren

• 5810 Posts
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 06:12:54 AM »
I feel like he is only interested in what works for him and his buisness.

That second video, what was the tax issue he was talking about? 

And why was he advocating that there should be incentive to build in NYC??  Did he mean a Tax incentive for developers to build on Speculation?    That wouldn't benefit him by any chance?
Trump cares about Trump. It has always been thus and always will be thus. He is good at duping people like Steve into worshiping at the Trump temple. (And to be fair, because Republicans have claimed to care about blue collar working people and then stiffed them, there is a pool of people available for a charlatan like Trump to take advantage of their legitimate frustration and anger.)

TheCross

• 5641 Posts
  • Follower of christ.
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 06:18:08 AM »
Anyone is better then Hillary Clinton.

I hope, truly, that Bernie Sanders wins, he is by far the strongest in this race, but trump is not as bad as people make him out to be.
He has a big mouth, thats his problem(and his ACE!).

Although i support bernie, i am certain Trump will win this election.
Gal 2:20: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Archsage

• 8964 Posts
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 06:21:44 AM »
I really believe he is. Trump is a very smart person, not a fool. He's playing a political game.

Do I support that game? Well I hate politics in general so I don't really care. Do I support Trump? Well I have no idea what he's planning to actually do, so I have no answer.

But that's why I don't trust him. And he's not a disciple of Christ, either, so there's no looking past his deceptions.

The biggest thing will be, do I choose him or Sanders/Clinton for POTUS? Or is this going to be another year of me refusing to vote?
“It is of dangerous consequence to represent to man how near he is to the level of beasts, without showing him at the same time his greatness. It is likewise dangerous to let him see his greatness without his meanness..."  –Blaise Pascal

Steve B

• 9591 Posts
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 06:25:18 AM »
In the second video.  Trump is talking about how construction is a measure of the economy.

In the first video, Trump is talking about fair trade.

The point is that Trump has always been Trump.  Any suggestion that he is a political opportunist changing his message for political convenience simply doesn't stick.

Disagree with him if you want to. . . but don't accuse him of flip flopping.  He's doing what he is doing for the country.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:32:19 AM by Steve B »

Steve B

• 9591 Posts
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 06:28:54 AM »
is this going to be another year of me refusing to vote?

You don't understand what is at stake in this election.  The President Elect will decide between one to four Supreme Court judges.  I know you know what that means. . . please pray.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:34:25 AM by Steve B »

wonderer

• 17303 Posts
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 06:54:08 AM »
And he's not a disciple of Christ, either, so there's no looking past his deceptions.

Huh?  If a persons is a disciple of Christ, then looking past that person's deceptions is warranted?

Could you clarify how a person being a disciple of Christ relates to looking past deceptions?
“I knew the people who worked for me forumed with me. When you know people, you have to behave towards them like human beings.”  -Oskar Schindler. [Plagiarized]

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 07:08:50 AM »
Huh?  If a persons is a disciple of Christ, then looking past that person's deceptions is warranted?

Could you clarify how a person being a disciple of Christ relates to looking past deceptions?

You mistake him Wonderer. Anyone who claims to be a disciple of Christ and yet deceives his fellow brothers is not at all a disciple of Christ.

Soren

• 5810 Posts
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 08:43:29 AM »
In the second video.  Trump is talking about how construction is a measure of the economy.
In other words, Trump went before Congress and argued that his industry is crucial to the country and therefore deserving of tax breaks. Yeah, Trump just hates those special interests .. except when they're Trump.

TheCross

• 5641 Posts
  • Follower of christ.
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 10:06:34 AM »
In other words, Trump went before Congress and argued that his industry is crucial to the country and therefore deserving of tax breaks. Yeah, Trump just hates those special interests .. except when they're Trump.

Is this valid?

I mean, before he wanted to become the president, is it fair to bring up stances and beliefs from a time where his buisness was all he cared about?

Considering the US(to my knowledge) has made it very clear that you are free to belive and practice anything that does not break laws and rights, does the same not apply to Trump?

Buisness man Trump wanted X, President Trump does -X or is that not possible?
Gal 2:20: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.