Questions11

• 21037 Posts
Re: Shark on Shark Rape. How Can We Stand By and Let This Happen?
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2016, 06:18:36 AM »
Well, at least they don't abort it ...

Emuse

• 13574 Posts
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2016, 06:20:51 AM »
I agree that a purely atheistic-materialist paradigm has to result in moral nihilism.

Whilst some people obviously find this intuitively very plausible, I don't think it has ever been successfully demonstrated.  I'm an atheist but not a nihilist.

Nunovalente

• 3859 Posts
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2016, 06:24:42 AM »
Number of presumptions....

1) rape is taking place

2) rape is an act

3) force is used in rape

Faith is being confident in things hoped for, the conviction of facts not yet seen. Hebrews 11.
Everyone exercises faith in something. What is your faith in?

Questions11

• 21037 Posts
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2016, 06:32:31 AM »
emuse:

I think threads on RF have successfully demonstrated it.

Emuse

• 13574 Posts
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2016, 07:39:09 AM »
It keeps on getting drilled into me that i am nothing but an animal...just like the shark....

Being an animal makes you just like a shark?  Who is this strange fellow who is repeatedly telling you that your being an animal means that you must also have fins, sharp teeth and live in water?  He needs correcting over some of his misconceptions.

Emuse

• 13574 Posts
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2016, 07:47:14 AM »
Maybe it is Good rape.     Maybe the female sharks are extremely impossible to breed with. 

And the Male sharks have to rape them, it is impossible not to for the sake of there own species.

And in the sharks moral Code,(we dont know it because we dont speak shark) it is permissable for this rape, because it is for the greater good.

I think another factor to consider is if the female shark loves there baby shark from the Rape.

From 1 minute into the video ...

"... and the female now signals her willingness to mate with the remaining male."

Interestingly, he doesn't mate until the other shark has let go and he receives this signal from the female.

Emuse

• 13574 Posts
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2016, 07:49:16 AM »

1) rape is taking place

2) rape is an act

3) force is used in rape

How are these presumptions exactly?

Emuse

• 13574 Posts
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2016, 07:58:45 AM »
emuse:

God is not omniresponsible if the only morally good way of creating a universe was to include beings with consequential LFW within it.

An omnimax being can choose not to create at all.  If he does choose to create then he is co-responsible along with his creatures for what occurs as a result of that.

I am not responsible for all the actions of my child ...

Did you create your child's nature?

... God is not responsible every time you sin.  You are.

I didn't say I wasn't responsible.  This is a false dichotomy. "We are not responsible if God is" is a false dichotomy.  But then so is "God is not responsible if we are".  Beings can be co-responsible.

And why should I be fearful on judgement day if universalism is true?  Is God going to punish me for refusing to accept fallacious reasoning?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:00:54 AM by Emuse »

Questions11

• 21037 Posts
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2016, 08:02:07 AM »
An omnimax being can choose not to create at all.

But if creation is good then there's nothing wrong with the act of creating.

If he does choose to create then he is co-responsible along with his creatures for what occurs as a result of that

How so if LFW is true?  Am I co-responsible if my child sins?

Did you create your child's nature?

In some weird way you could say I 'gave' those aspects of personality derived from DNA and upbringing to them.  But did God give me my nature?  Only the good parts.  The bad parts come form other free willed agents.  So I can't see how this makes God responsible for sin.

Nunovalente

• 3859 Posts
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2016, 08:15:51 AM »

1) rape is taking place

2) rape is an act

3) force is used in rape

How are these presumptions exactly?

Because we have no idea a rape took place.
Rape is not defined by an act or force.
Faith is being confident in things hoped for, the conviction of facts not yet seen. Hebrews 11.
Everyone exercises faith in something. What is your faith in?

Emuse

• 13574 Posts
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2016, 08:20:52 AM »
Because we have no idea a rape took place.
Rape is not defined by an act or force.

Thanks for clarifying.

I completely agree if you are arguing that Steve B has inadvertently misinterpreted the video if he is making a claim of rape just because the sexual act involves minor injuries and more than one shark.  The commentator indicates that the male shark doesn't attempt to mate until the other shark has let go and the female shark has indicated her willingness.  This wouldn't constitute rape which must be contrary to the will of the victim.  And who is to say that female sharks have not evolved to enjoy this style of courtship?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:24:00 AM by Emuse »

Rostos

• 10433 Posts
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2016, 08:24:25 AM »
It keeps on getting drilled into me that i am nothing but an animal...just like the shark....

Being an animal makes you just like a shark?  Who is this strange fellow who is repeatedly telling you that your being an animal means that you must also have fins, sharp teeth and live in water?  He needs correcting over some of his misconceptions.

So i am not just an animal? Am i worth more or less than any other under animal under naturalism?
"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
Isiah 55:8

"For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." - Mathew 23-12

Emuse

• 13574 Posts
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2016, 08:26:12 AM »
So i am not just an animal?

1. A cat is just an animal.
2. A shark is different to a cat.
3. Therefore, a shark is not just an animal.

I shall leave you to ponder on this and why you need to remove such reasoning from your arguments.

Can I pour acid on my cat and cut her eyeballs with razor blades if it gives me pleasure?  She is not made in the image of God and is just an animal after all.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:34:10 AM by Emuse »

Rostos

• 10433 Posts
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2016, 08:44:36 AM »
So i am not just an animal?

1. A cat is just an animal.
2. A shark is different to a cat.
3. Therefore, a shark is not just an animal.

I shall leave you to ponder on this and why you need to remove such reasoning from your arguments.

Can I pour acid on my cat and cut her eyeballs with razor blades if it gives me pleasure?  She is not made in the image of God and is just an animal after all.

Arent we all just a bag of chemicals under naturalism?

Are some chemicals worth more than others? Who places this value under naturalism?
"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
Isiah 55:8

"For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." - Mathew 23-12

Emuse

• 13574 Posts
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2016, 08:47:46 AM »
Arent we all just a bag of chemicals under naturalism?

What have you got against bags of chemicals Rostos?  Did one fall on you once or something?  You seem to have real issues with them.  And where are we going with this?

1. A pile of poop is a bag of chemicals.
2. An ice cream jelly is not like a pile of poop.
3. Therefore, an ice cream jelly is not just a bag of chemicals.

Looks like the same fallacy to me.

Let's assume that naturalism is false but that my cat is just a bag of chemicals still because it isn't made in the image of God.  Is it OK for me to pour acid on it and what-not for fun?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:51:05 AM by Emuse »