RF Moderators

Read 427 times

Ethos

• Administrator
  • 391 Posts
  • RF Moderator
New Templates (Drafts)
« on: March 20, 2015, 07:00:42 PM »
Aaaand, here's what the new templates might look like: (I've bolded what the templates are actually about for your convenience)

{MEMBER},

You have received a warning for using profanity:

{MESSAGE}

Such language is not necessary; not conducive to substantive, irenic discourse; and is certainly not welcome here. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

{REGARDS}

{MEMBER},

You have received a warning for conducting yourself in a manner unbecoming of a Reasonable Faith Forums user. Namely, exemplifying a rude manner of discourse:

{MESSAGE}

Such a manner is not necessary; not conducive to substantive, irenic discourse; and is certainly not welcome here. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

{REGARDS}

{MEMBER},

You have received a warning for posting off-topic comments and thereby participating in “derailing” a thread:

{MESSAGE}

Such conduct, whether intentional or unintentional, has the effect of stifling the original conversation. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action. Keep your posting on-topic. If you wish to digress, feel free to create a separate thread.

{REGARDS}
-Reasonable Faith Discussion Forum Moderator

Ethos

• Administrator
  • 391 Posts
  • RF Moderator
Re: New Templates (Drafts)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 07:01:49 PM »
Perhaps, when we finalise some rules, we could add a "which is in violation of rule #such and such" clause.

Logos

• RF Moderator
  • 376 Posts
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 02:28:49 AM »
I love these templates, not to mention the use of the forum code. I also agree that it makes sense to draw the user back to the policies, once they're finalised.

Ethos

• Administrator
  • 391 Posts
  • RF Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 05:51:56 PM »
I've gone ahead and added these templates to Custom Warning Templates page. We can always edit them as we see fit. For now, they are there to use.

Logos

• RF Moderator
  • 376 Posts
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 07:37:28 PM »
If it's possible, I'd like to edit the existing templates to bring them in line with the new ones, using the forum code.