Retired Boards (Archived)

Nature of God

Read 13792 times

Broncrider

• 82 Posts
Re: please stop !
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 01:41:07 AM »
Toty,
      You didn't answer a single thing that I said in my previous post; all you did was reiterate your demonstrably fallacious claim that 'Jesus Christ...did not drink wine never in his life'.  Among other points that I made in my last post, there would have been no reason to accuse Jesus of being a drunkard if it was a well known fact that he never drank wine.  Also, the same Greek word used to describe the wine that Jesus made at the wedding in Cana is used in the passages condemning drunkenness.  You cannot simply use the word 'wine' in one passage to mean 'a fermented drink' and then when it suits your purposes say that it means 'grape juice' in another passage. 
     Also, you had better hope that Zakir Naik is not successful in showing that the Bible forbids the consumption of wine, because if he is successful then we will have some problems with Jesus' behavior on earth since he obviously did partake of wine.  Fortunately, considering the shoddy nature of all the other Zakir Naik videos you have posted me, it is unlikely that he is successful in his quest to show that the Bible forbids the consumption of alcohol containing beverages.  Maybe you should e-mail him and tell him that there is a difference between having a beer once and a while (which the Bible does not condemn) and getting drunk every night (which the Bible does condemn).  In addition, you should suggest that he read verses like Dt14:26 and Isa25:6 that actually condone the consumption of wine.   

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
Re: please stop !
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2020, 01:29:46 PM »
Toty,
      You didn't answer a single thing that I said in my previous post; all you did was reiterate your demonstrably fallacious claim that 'Jesus Christ...did not drink wine never in his life'.  Among other points that I made in my last post, there would have been no reason to accuse Jesus of being a drunkard if it was a well known fact that he never drank wine.  Also, the same Greek word used to describe the wine that Jesus made at the wedding in Cana is used in the passages condemning drunkenness.  You cannot simply use the word 'wine' in one passage to mean 'a fermented drink' and then when it suits your purposes say that it means 'grape juice' in another passage. 
     Also, you had better hope that Zakir Naik is not successful in showing that the Bible forbids the consumption of wine, because if he is successful then we will have some problems with Jesus' behavior on earth since he obviously did partake of wine.  Fortunately, considering the shoddy nature of all the other Zakir Naik videos you have posted me, it is unlikely that he is successful in his quest to show that the Bible forbids the consumption of alcohol containing beverages.  Maybe you should e-mail him and tell him that there is a difference between having a beer once and a while (which the Bible does not condemn) and getting drunk every night (which the Bible does condemn).  In addition, you should suggest that he read verses like Dt14:26 and Isa25:6 that actually condone the consumption of wine.
One thing that has not been understood about God and possibly the prophets, is that their bliss-state is such that could an evil man experience even a part of it for one moment, he would literally die from sheer nervous shock. This is true about Jesus whether He has drunk alcohol or not. And if He needs to drink alcohol, this is likely because evil men are weighing heavily on His mind, who kill fun with selfish desires and domineering ways.

Actually it’s incredible no Christian has postulated this about the Lord’s embodiment! It shows that though they claim to believe that “Jesus is Lord,” they aren’t thinking about the differences when God picks up one of their frail human bodies, imbuing it with His own literal consciousness. Nonetheless this truth stands. Anyone would die who could taste even a tiny part of Jesus’ experience. Hence they speak about ego-death, in the East.