Poll

What would you do if the Christian God was disproved?

Become a Jew or a Muslim
3 (37.5%)
Create a new monotheistic religion
1 (12.5%)
Turn to another religion (none of the above)
0 (0%)
Become an agnostic
1 (12.5%)
Become a fideist
0 (0%)
Become an atheist
1 (12.5%)
Become an ignostic
0 (0%)
Become a pantheist
0 (0%)
Other (please specify in comments below)
1 (12.5%)
I don't know
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Triple Scooby

• 517 Posts
Re: What would you do if the Christian God was disproved?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 11:17:29 AM »
"If you will abide in my word, then you will truly be my disciple, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

If you want to know about the Holy Spirit and how we recognize it, then learn what Christ said about it.

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
Re: What would you do if the Christian God was disproved?
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 05:15:05 PM »
"If you will abide in my word, then you will truly be my disciple, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

If you want to know about the Holy Spirit and how we recognize it, then learn what Christ said about it.
There are serious existential issues with claiming you have an indwelling God, as is the common claim among Christians. One is that they claim to be strong in God, but in fact are found weak in virtue. One would think an indwelling God would result in divine people. Another is that no mechanisms for such an entrance into the human mind are posited, or even wondered about. The people just say, “God is in us,” with no details and not wanting any details. A third is that if you need an indwelling God it means your soul must be weak and/or impure. One might guess a goal of religion should be to be free of this. Yet I appreciate the honesty of Christians in admitting the Holy Spirit enters them. In fact observing this in them has set me free, so I can understand my own nature better.