Retired Boards (Archived)

Trinity

Read 24889 times

Aaron Massey

• 5542 Posts
  • absit iniuria verbis
Re: Logical Coherence
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2015, 07:02:37 AM »
I do not read Genesis literally. When Jesus said he is the light of the world I take it to mean things like revealing truth, a beacon to see truth, things of that sort. Every time he uses it he is using it metaphorically and often in contrast to spiritual darkness.

In John 1:1, which you quote, it says Jesus is a word. Do you take it to mean in addition to Jesus being light photons he is also sound waves? If you take Jesus as being light literally why do you not take it literal when it says that Jesus--the Word--is God?

So you dont read Gensis literally, so you would be open to seeing Jesus as "the light of this world"  and in Gensis being the light that entered it.  Then all things created through him and for him.   
That same metaphor applies.   

"the word" not a Word,  it is an abstract, not a concrete. by word it is meant that he is the messenger AKA Messiah who is bringing Gods word to us.  He is literally God in spirit of his fathers "word" (all the things Jesus has been told to say by his father)
Proverbs 8:30 "then I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always, rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the children of man."