Retired Boards (Archived)

Nature of God

Read 30235 times

JGK

• 15 Posts
Hell
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2009, 05:56:07 PM »
Hi,

On the subject of "hell" I will say this: it is not by the heart of god but by the heart of men/women that determines their true nature and lasting place. Hell is outside the sanction of god hence its "unGodly" nature.
The free will of god is evident from the young to old, from the good to bad. There are small measures, large measures of good and bad that comes from freedom and it is here knowingly that you are measured, judged fairly, FAIRLY: rest assured.

JGK

Cletus Nze

• 490 Posts
Hell
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2011, 11:37:06 AM »
Travis wrote:

I understand the character of God in punishing those who deny their sinful nature.  Yet I cannot understand why such a punishment would deserve eternity in hell.  Think of a friend of yours that is caring and apologizes when commits an offense.  However, he/she does not believe in God or at least the Christian God.  Do you think that person deserves eternity in hell?

God DOES NOT PUNISH AT ALL! What is perceived by the ignorant as "punishment" is simply the CONSEQUENCES of wrong actions - which CANNOT be arbitrarily terminated but continue until their authors cease such wrong actions! Not only that, they MUST make amends for the wrong they have done in the past - IN FULL - otherwise the consequences will continue to return to them!

God is Love and only wants to help - ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE! But help CANNOT be given to those who reject it stubbornly! That they continue to suffer in perpetuity is their fault and NOT the Will of God!

Hell was NOT created by God - but is the work of the wicked who have desolated and devastated both the inner and outer environments of their consciousness! Why then the surprise that they suffer? And suffer without hope of remission so long as they stubbornly persist in their evil activities! Even though forgiveness is offered to them they CANNOT receive it as long as they close themselves to it with their persistence in wickedness! THEIR fault - NOT God's!
Pursue Truth - with rigour and vigour!

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
Re: Hell
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2020, 02:44:39 PM »
<P>I understand the character of God in punishing those who deny their sinful nature.  Yet I cannot understand why such a punishment would deserve eternity in hell.  Think of a friend of yours that is caring and apologizes when commits an offense.  However, he/she does not believe in God or at least the Christian God.  Do you think that person deserves eternity in hell? </P>
The evil of man has been generally hidden in history and remains hidden today. The darkness isn’t seen to be dark until you start shining some light on it, and humans keep themselves in the dark. What humans call evil is only egregious, obvious evil, but moreover they’re defining it as evil when another human crosses the path of their desires.

No challenges have been issued. The religions upheld no serious higher standards so that men could get a just measure of themselves. Jesus said the Way is strait and difficult, and then closed His mouth. The tough things are so tough, I can’t list them openly here without risking persecution. To give a hint, I read recently about the man who was first to cross Antarctica on skis. He’d do that, but won’t cross his fence to meet with a neighbor.

The secret of the human appearance of goodness is avoiding situations of conflict. Yet these situations are two-way streets, and just to be near others will always be a conflict. The Bible said it rightly, man is born to trouble as the sparks fly upward. But God expected a cooperative world. He expected the souls to love one another, as Jesus said.

The Christians believe they are achieving this, but again, I cannot list their faults here from expectation of a vicious reaction. Jesus spoke strongly against money, but not strongly enough, and He would shout “Hypocrites” as loudly against today’s Christians as He did against the Pharisees back then. Men only accept friends who bring money.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 02:56:24 PM by jayceeii »